Unwind the Feminine: Women & Yoga
A specialised training for Women
14th-21st September 2020
NOW AVAILABLE AS AN ONLINE COURSE!
“I developed this course in response to the gap between what I knew as the philosophy of yoga and my own relationship with my body, my challenges in intimate relationships and erratic menstrual cycle. Despite decades on a mat, my inner world was still chaotic and the pressures of attempting to conform to the image of the yoga industry and find my “purpose” self-defeating. I discovered that it was necessary to break away from a typical yoga lineage but without abandoning its timeless wisdom.” Bex.
This is a unique and beautiful course that is geared towards the woman who wants to wise up to the power of her body and its innate cycles without simply conforming to another template of the yoga industry.
COURSE CONTENT (PDF OF COURSE OUTLINE AVAILABLE HERE)
NB. CONTENT WILL BE ADAPTED FOR THE ONLINE VERSION! YET THE CORE FRAMEWORK AND TOPICS COVERED WILL STAY THE SAME! THANK YOU FOR YOUR FLEXIBILITY.
Embodied Practice: Explore the freedom of organic non-linear movement to safety of structure:
- Morning and evening practices including with live music
- Feminine flows to foster healthy self-esteem, self-discovery and a positive body image
- Hatha yoga as avenue to embrace the wholeness of a woman’s body whatever its size, scars, age or shape: from the physical to the energetic and beyond
- Yoga therapy: simple techniques to support pelvic organ and breast health
- Yin and myofascial release to support the ability to self-regulate and ease into sensation
- Restorative yoga for deep rest and insight
- Ways to incorporate the power of mantra and mudra
- Elemental dance supportive of your sacred sexuality
- Ecstatic dance at within the temple space of the Yoga Barn’s famous Sunday dance (adapted for the online course!)
- Sacred Cacao ceremony: clearing the way with song and dance (not available for the online course!)
- Outdoor adventures into the wilds of Bali (not available for the online course!)
- Voice Activation: The feet-womb-heart-voice connection! And how to use it.
- The Art of Healing touch and Thai Massage (not available for the online course!)
- Develop a personalised self-practice and guide others to do the same
Yoga through a woman’s eyes:
- Female Health & Vitality: A yoga that supports reproductive health, female anatomy and natural fertility
- Menstrual Cycle Awareness: Insight into your inner yoga and how this aids your unique creativity and relationships
- Maiden, Mother, Maga and Crone: What it means to embrace the fullness of a woman’s life cycles for your own self worth and for your community and environment
- Women in Yoga’s History: Learn about the role of women in the history of yoga, the Mahavidyas, the sakta tantra traditions and the gendered yogic body
- Nutrition and Hormones: How to make wise food choices for your emotional and physical body at different stages of your cycle and different stages of your life
- Self-Leadership: The strength to move beyond eating disorders and addictions by moving beyond separation
- Women’s circles: How to develop your own template and confidence to facilitate
- The Heroine’s Journey: The power of myth for reflecting the process of unifying the healthy masculine and feminine within your own life experience
- Critical issues: A space to debate and explore a wide range of contemporary topics and how they intersect with women and yoga including: The guru-student relationship, “productivity and perfection” verses self- acceptance and actualisation, social media, commercialisation, inclusivity, race and body image
Some of the oldest teachings of yoga point to the human body as being a reflection of the cosmos. By studying ourselves as a microcosm within the bigger macrocosm reveals our place in the web of existence and points to how we living in rhythm with natures cycles and as a steward for the natural world.
This course will be of special benefit to the dedicated yogini who would like to build her own programs geared towards supporting the physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions of women’s health. It is packed full with a wealth of techniques and practices for those working in this field, as to how to integrate the healing power of yoga in a practical, rooted and effective way.
Together, we will break through the standard narrative of contemporary yoga and make the content deeply relevant to EVERY woman’s body and life.
Course content of online course:
Pre-Recorded Lectures (2-3 hours per day)
The lectures will released at the beginning of each day, and students can view them anytime after.
8 Pre-Recorded Morning flow and embodied movement class (90 min)
8 Pre-Recorded Evening Yin, Restorative and guided meditation classes (60 min)
8 Daily Live Q&A Sessions (60 min)
Each day also includes: Recommended readings, a PDF handout, workbook style questions and contemplation techniques.
At the end of the course there will be an optional quiz