Unwind the Feminine: Women & Yoga
A specialised training for Women
21st -28th April 2020
“I developed this course in response to the gap between what I knew as the philosophy of yoga and my own relationship with my body, my challenges in intimate relationships and erratic menstrual cycle. Despite decades on a mat, my inner world was still chaotic and the pressures of attempting to conform to the image of the yoga industry and find my “purpose” self-defeating. I discovered that it was necessary to break away from a typical yoga lineage but without abandoning its timeless wisdom.” Bex.
This is a unique and beautiful course that is geared towards the woman who wants to wise up to the power of her body and its innate cycles without simply conforming to another template of the yoga industry.
COURSE CONTENT (PDF OF COURSE OUTLINE AVAILABLE HERE)
Embodied Practice: Explore the freedom of organic non-linear movement to safety of structure:
- Morning and evening practices including with live music
- Feminine flows to foster healthy self-esteem, self-discovery and a positive body image
- Hatha yoga as avenue to embrace the wholeness of a woman’s body whatever its size, scars, age or shape: from the physical to the energetic and beyond
- Yoga therapy: simple techniques to support pelvic organ and breast health
- Yin and myofascial release to support the ability to self-regulate and ease into sensation
- Restorative yoga for deep rest and insight
- Ways to incorporate the power of mantra and mudra
- Elemental dance supportive of your sacred sexuality
- Ecstatic dance at within the temple space of the Yoga Barn’s famous Sunday dance
- Sacred Cacao ceremony: clearing the way with song and dance
- Outdoor adventures into the wilds of Bali
- Voice Activation: The feet-womb-heart-voice connection! And how to use it.
- The Art of Healing touch and Thai Massage
- Develop a personalised self-practice and guide others to do the same
Yoga through a woman’s eyes:
- Female Health & Vitality: A yoga that supports reproductive health, female anatomy and natural fertility
- Menstrual Cycle Awareness: Insight into your inner yoga and how this aids your unique creativity and relationships
- Maiden, Mother, Maga and Crone: What it means to embrace the fullness of a woman’s life cycles for your own self worth and for your community and environment
- Women in Yoga’s History: Learn about the role of women in the history of yoga, the Mahavidyas, the sakta tantra traditions and the gendered yogic body
- Nutrition and Hormones: How to make wise food choices for your emotional and physical body at different stages of your cycle and different stages of your life
- Self-Leadership: The strength to move beyond eating disorders and addictions by moving beyond separation
- Women’s circles: How to develop your own template and confidence to facilitate
- The Heroine’s Journey: The power of myth for reflecting the process of unifying the healthy masculine and feminine within your own life experience
- Critical issues: A space to debate and explore a wide range of contemporary topics and how they intersect with women and yoga including: The guru-student relationship, “productivity and perfection” verses self- acceptance and actualisation, social media, commercialisation, inclusivity, race and body image
Some of the oldest teachings of yoga point to the human body as being a reflection of the cosmos. By studying ourselves as a microcosm within the bigger macrocosm reveals our place in the web of existence and points to how we living in rhythm with natures cycles and as a steward for the natural world.
This course will be of special benefit to the dedicated yogini who would like to build her own programs geared towards supporting the physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions of women’s health. It is packed full with a wealth of techniques and practices for those working in this field, as to how to integrate the healing power of yoga in a practical, rooted and effective way.
Together, we will break through the standard narrative of contemporary yoga and make the content deeply relevant to EVERY woman’s body and life.
9-11am Morning practice
3-5.30pm Presentation/ dyads/ group work
5.30-7pm Evening practice
The group will be limited to 22 women to ensure that you receive individual attention. There will be 2 experienced assistants to support your journey.
All ages of women are welcome. We have had women as young as 16 and as wise as 64 attend. One of the gifts of teaching at the Yoga Barn is that is attracts women from all stages and walks of life. The group itself is always diverse and offers a unique richness of life experience and cultural exchange.
Scholarships are available for practitioners & teachers who live in areas of conflict and political unrest.
A $300 USD deposit (is included in the total rate and is required to reserve your space on the immersion).
Price includes all tuition, Yoga Barn ecstatic dance, course manual, post-course integration and excursion (excludes food, flights and accommodation).
Early Bird Price (before 14th February): $908
Regular price: $1208
Questions: please email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org