Wake up the Wisdom Within
TAKING PLACE IN BALI: INDONESIA’S ISLAND OF HIDDEN TREASURES
2-24th December, 2018 at The Yoga Barn, Ubud, Bali
Three weeks to dedicate to the quality of your Life. To become fully ALIVE. Yoga is not the collection of information. Nor is it a battery of practices. Yoga is direct intimacy and embrace of life, as life, itself. Learn how to let your practice to percolate through every inch of your being, into your intimate relationships, into your work and community. If we really activate Yoga from the inside out, our Yoga becomes the most powerfully form of activism we could image.
The Yoga Tradition points towards the gifts of self awareness and self reflection as ways to take responsibility or the direction of our life and hone in on what “freedom” really means to each one of us regardless of external circumstance. At its heart, Yoga is an appreciation of the utter beauty and intelligence of Life itself. Once this is reclaimed, vitality, intimacy, creativity, courage and confidence surge. These 3 weeks are all about how you move through the world on and off the mat in a way that can bring about a great personal relief and a sincerity to simple acts of service
In this course we will:
- Move to the heart of Yoga: Deep intimate connection with breath, posture and presence
- Reclaim postures: Embody your Yoga, establish your own self practice, develop stability in a wide range of postures and how to really move on the mat with maximum awareness.
- Know your Yoga: We will look at the History & Philosophy of Yoga as a way to get clear on what you are practicing and teaching.
- Live your Yoga: Group presentations, discussions and outdoor adventures to explore why your practice/teaching is essential for the times of rapid change & intensity we are living in.
This course is a unique opportunity to dedicate your precious time to your practice, health and relationships. Open to all who are willing to see Yoga and Life differently. Fantastic for beginners and essential for teachers who are ready to really TEACH YOGA.
Includes weekly adventures to immerse in the mountains and waters of Bali.
“The purpose of all my courses are indeed to allow each participant the space and guidance to deepen their intimacy with Yoga. It is my view that only after this has happened are we in a position to teach, and in fact the teaching will simply arise naturally without the pressures, constraints and limitations of many commercial Yoga Teacher Trainings.The “Activate Yoga Intensive” in December is no exception to this. We will focus on how to really activate Yoga both in the studio and in our daily lives. We will explore many of the teachings and practices which are designed to help us peel off the limitations we have been born into/placed upon ourselves to rest in the beauty and perfection of life itself. For me this is the Heart of Yoga. Underneath all the obsession with the body and business of yoga lies a wisdom tradition holding the simple technology to realign each one of us with our inherent birth right: To live in accordance with Life as opposed to resistant to it, and allow the vitality and wisdom to unfold from within.
9-1pm: Extended morning practice combining asana, pranayama, mudra and mantra
1 – 3 pm Lunch Break
3 – 6 pm: Workshops on the following topics:
- Bridging the Ancient and Modern: The roots of Yoga to the present day
- Yoga Philosophy: Including the paths of Yoga
- A closer look at Hatha Yoga and the role of Asana
- Grief, Death and Wisdom
- The Hero’s Journey and Life as the Teacher
- Body identity: Tuning in to your body, its innate wisdom and intelligence, our relationship with body image, size and age, body/mind relationship
- Yoga, Intimacy and Relationships
- Yoga Ecology: How our practice affects the world and our intimacy with it
- Yoga Activism: What it means to really activate our Yoga practice on and off the mat)
- The Yoga Rebel: Aligning with an authentic Yoga practice in the midst of the Yoga industry
6 -7.30 pm Embodied practice: Alternating between:
- Yin and Yoga Therapy
- Restorative Yoga
- Freedom of Movement through Dance: 5rhythms inspired dance classes
- Esctatic dance
- Yoga Nidra
- Sound Healing
Price (after 8th October): $2500
$500 deposit included in the total price to secure your place
Discount available for graduates of Freedom through Movement 2017 and June 2017 immersions.
Does not include flights, accommodation or meals