April/May 2020, The Yoga Barn, Ubud, Bali
* History: Evolution of yoga from past to present *
* Philosophy: Weave yogic thought into physical practice *
* Practice: Inner alignment, self adjustment, complex postures made simple *
* Teaching: Authentic voice, lived experience, creative sequencing *
* Relevance: Ancient yoga translated for the modern world *
* Take aways: Depth, clarity, direction, support, sangha *
This is an Advanced Hatha Yoga training. It is a unique combination of practice, lectures and workshops to guide you through an exploration of yoga past and present. Fantastic for teachers who wish to add more depth to their classes and trainings as well as for practitioners who are ready to take their yoga to the next level. Learn how yoga has evolved with the modern world, how it can support practitioners through life without religious doctrine or spiritual jargon, and the lessons we can apply for ourselves, relationships and communities.
This course was designed to bridge the ideas & theory of yoga with a real and actual lived practice.
Life is a whirlwind of waves. Yoga is an anchor.
A detailed description of what you will learn:
Deepen your physical practice:
- Complex postures: learn the stages to success and tips & tricks to break them down
- Arm balances and inversions: integrate resilience & build confidence
- Art of Sequencing: awaken your creativity
- 2 daily practices: Different styles of hatha yoga, vinyasa flow, restorative and yin practises
- Embrace the esoteric body of Hatha Yoga: vayus (winds), prana (vitality), bandhas (locks), mudra (seals)
- Understand the principles behind alignment & adjustment to apply to every body
- Myths & stories behind the postures: Share yoga in a way which inspires and enlivens
- Live music and sound healing
- Self practice: strength and commit
- Evolution of yoga: from a religious tradition to a spiritual practice to contemporary health & wellness and beyond
- Globalisation of yoga: from ancient India to You
- Key concepts: Death, fear, courage, dharma (your “purpose”), karma, attachments, addictions, compassion, intimacy and more
- Insights into Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra & the yogas of the Bhagavad-Gita
- Re-Wild Excursion: Step out of the studio and explore the magic and healing of the Balinese jungles, waters and mountains where nature does the teaching.
Teaching skills applicable to yoga and beyond:
- Authentic teaching: Support to voice your message
- Develop a confident, natural teaching style applicable for sharing your passion
- Use your life experience to explain and reflect resilience to others
- Fun techniques for integrating complex theory into your communication skills, relationships and team building
Yoga for 2020:
- Social justice: support for sharing yoga with specific populations such as youth, refugees, in conflict areas, in prisons
- Community: Acro yoga and yoga inspired games to share wisdom & trust
- Critical issues: how to navigate commercialisation, cultural appropriation, gender, and more!
- Develop your own sequences, content and plan of action to take your yoga out into the world
Morning session 9-1pm: Embodied practice and workshop of poses including:
- Arm balances and inversions
- Forward folds
- Developing self practice
- Integrating themes into practice
Afternoon 3-5: Lectures & presentations:
- History of yoga
- Yogic thought
- The epics and how this relates to your life
- Death, grief, love, compassion and resilience
- Authentic relating
- Using you voice
- Sharing your passion
Evening 5.30-7: Embodied practice to integrate day
- Yin & myofascia release
- Yoga therapeutics
- Sound healing
If you are already teaching, learn wise ways to speak to what is needed and translate yogic wisdom into gems for the modern-day practitioner in a humble, no bullsh*t and deeply relevant way. Gain an informed perspective of yoga which cuts through the spiritual jargon and activates yoga from the inside out.
If you love yoga, you are teaching or want to teach but want to make your yoga useful in the world, support practitioners to embrace their life, work for social and environmental justice, or just feel better, then this is for you!
“I have developed this course over a number of years, and after just surviving a very intense fire, this stuff really works! What I had previously learnt and practiced was to become my own superpower for emerging from an extremely difficult situation. Now, more than ever, I realise the necessity for each one of us to deeply engage deeply with an embodied practice of Yoga. Life has a wonderful way of taking us by surprise. Life is the true teacher. Yoga guides us in how to receive and surrender, to rise up and embrace all that you are handed, no matter how tough, painful, or indeed, spectacular that may be. This course is my humble offering back to you to support you to really dive deep into yoga whether you are an experienced teacher or a committed practitioner: all are welcome.” Bex
Bex is also available to answer additional questions via email or skype
The group will be limited to 16 people to ensure that you receive individual attention. There will be 2 experienced assistants to support your journey. Scholarships are available for practitioners & teachers who live in areas of conflict and political unrest.
Upon registration you will receive a resource list and recommended reading. After completing the course, Bex will be available to continue to support you to integrate the training into your life.
Price includes tuition, manual and excursion (and excludes food, flights or accommodation).
A $300 USD deposit (is included in the total rate and is required to reserve your space on the immersion).
Early Bird Price (extended to October 18th): $908
Regular price: $1008
Questions: please email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org