A specialised training for Women
13- 20th December – FULL
Due to popular demand a second December immersion is now open for registration
2-9th DECEMBER 2019
“I developed this course in response to the gap between what I knew as the philosophy of yoga and my own relationship with my body, my challenges in intimate relationships and erratic menstrual cycle. Despite decades on a mat, my inner world was still chaotic and the pressures of attempting to conform to the image of the yoga industry and find my “purpose” self-defeating. I discovered that it was necessary to break away from a typical yoga lineage but without abandoning its timeless wisdom.” Bex.
This is a unique and beautiful immersion that is geared towards the woman who wants to wise up to the power of her body and its innate cycles without simply conforming to another template of the yoga industry.
In the course you will learn the following:
- Morning and evening practices including with live music and rest with sound healing
- Yoga flows to foster healthy self-esteem, self-discovery and a positive body image
- How to develop a personalised self-practice and guide others to do the same
- Hatha yoga, feminine flows, yoga therapy, Yin and Restorative Yoga
- How to incorporate the power of mantra, yantraand mudra
- Ways to work with pranayama for clarity, pain and stress management
- Elemental and Ecstatic dance
- Outdoor adventures into the wilds of Bali
- The Art of Healing touch and Thai Massage
Yoga through a woman’s eyes:
- Learn about the role of women in pre-modern yoga and the gendered yogic body
- A yoga that supports reproductive health, female anatomy and natural fertility
- Menstrual cycle awareness and how this self-awareness aids your unique creativity, insight and rejuvenation
- Self-Leadership to truly overcome eating disorders and addictions
- Trauma informed yoga
- Ability to embrace the cycles of life & nurture the courage to make brilliant life choices
- The wisdom of the Mahavidyas– the great goddesses and the messages they have for you
- Develop a template to facilitate your own women’s circles
- A space to debate and explore critical issues in contemporary yoga including social media, commercialisation, inclusivity, race and body image.
Some of the oldest teachings of yoga point to the human body as being a reflection of the cosmos. By studying ourselves as a microcosm within the bigger macrocosm reveals our place in the web of existence and points to how we living in rhythm with natures cycles and as a steward for the natural world.
This course will be of special benefit to the dedicated yogini who would like to build her own programs geared towards supporting the physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions of women’s health. It is packed full with a wealth of techniques and practices for those working in this field, as to how to integrate the healing power of yoga in a practical, rooted and effective way.
Together, we will break through the standard narrative of contemporary yoga and make the content deeply relevant to EVERY woman’s body and life.
The group will be limited to 20 women to ensure that you receive individual attention. There will be 2 experienced assistants to support your journey.
Scholarships are available for practitioners & teachers who live in areas of conflict and political unrest.
A $300 USD deposit (is included in the total rate and is required to reserve your space on the immersion).
Price includes all tuition, Yoga Barn ecstatic dance, course manual, post-course integration and excursion (excludes food, flights and accommodation).
Early Bird Price (before October 18th): $908
Regular price: $1008
Questions: please email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are already open for Unwind the Feminine 2020